Hi, this is Jane, welcome to my toaster oven review site. I know some of you are looking for right toaster oven for your kitchen, I hope your search ends here:)
I have tested and bought many toaster ovens over the years. And of course, with the help of Consumer Report, Cook illustrated and Amazon user reviews, I managed to find and own quite a few great toaster ovens. Below are few that I recommend, and if you like to know more about toaster ovens, you can find guides and articles here too.
Here are my top toaster ovens recommendations:
Toaster Oven Reviews – My Top Picks
- Best Toaster Oven – The best of toaster ovens considering function, size and price.
- Best Convection Toaster Oven – Highly rated and popular. You will love this toaster oven if you cook a lot.
- Best Buy Toaster Oven – Good convection toaster oven at a great price.
- Best Small Toaster Oven – If you have limited counter space try this one.
- Best Large Toaster Oven – Extra large toaster oven for large family needs.
Anyway, I think different people have different needs, so my top pick might not be everyone’s, but as long as we get a toaster oven that doesn’t break down easily or toast badly, we are pretty much happy with our toaster ovens. You will find more updates and recommendations coming up in my blog below, and a list of the more popular posts on the right bar.
Check out these top picks too:
You can read my latest blog posts here.
If you are looking for a toaster instead of a toaster oven, you can visit John’s blog.
What To Look For in Your Best Toaster Ovens?
- Measure your counter space – Toaster ovens are usually the most space-consuming appliance on your kitchen countertop than other appliances, so consider the space you are willing to give up before getting one.
- Safety comes first – Look for safety features such as auto shutoff or timer that shuts the oven off when timed cooking ends.
- Look for removable and adjustable toasting racks – Different toaster ovens have different racks, some of toaster ovens have 2 racks and some of them only have one. Most of them can be adjusted to different toasting heights.
- Removable crumb trays – Crumb trays that can be removed from the front are more convenient than those that must be removed from the bottom or back.
- Non-stick interior – Non stick makes the interior easier to clean, but some people are concerned about the non stick coating emitting toxic fumes while baking.
- More features – Some toaster ovens are only for toasting while others feature cooking modes such as broiling and roasting. A convection fan is not always available in the cheaper toaster ovens, but if you can afford it get this feature to save cooking time.
Toaster Ovens Guide
Why Toaster Ovens?
It was years back when I first bought a toaster oven upon the recommendation of my friend. I still remember having doubts about the need of having a toaster oven in my kitchen because I was used to cooking on a gas stove and a built-in oven. However, my friend convinced me that with a good toaster oven I can be more efficient in my cooking and won’t heat up my kitchen so much with the full size oven. It wasn’t long after that I started to do some serious cooking with my toaster oven.
My first toaster oven was a mediocre one, not at all perfect. After it broke down a few months later, I went online in search of a better one that could last me longer, and that was the best decision I ever made, because there were scores of reviews and recommendations on the Internet! I searched high and low for the best toaster oven with good reviews, while keeping in mind my needs: easy to use, easy to clean, good looking and fits into my available kitchen space.
Nowadays toaster ovens have so many features compared to the old models. You can do just about anything from simple things (e.g. heating up a leftover meal or toasting bread) to serious stuff (e.g. broiling chicken or baking a cake) with the same toaster oven.
There are also a wide variety of brands to choose from. You will find top rated toaster ovens from Cuisinart, Breville, Delonghi, Black & Decker, Hamilton Beach and etc. You can find links to the toaster oven reviews according to brand from the right hand bar on this site.
I have a higher expectation for my toaster oven after I read the toaster oven recipes cook book – The Gourmet Toaster Oven. Well, that’s another story. Anyway, in this site I will share my experience and reading about how to pick the right toaster oven for your home. More to come in my toaster oven blog soon.